How to Submit Your Site to Google How to blog Tips and Tutorials
|blog Tips and Tutorials|
At this stage of the Step-by-Step process, you should be humming right along, concentrating most on publishing outstanding content regularly. I'll be honest with you, this is where the enthusiasm of many bloggers starts to wane because getting found is a slow process…sometimes painfully slow. Keep plugging away!
Over the next few days I'll tell you a few ways to (hopefully) get the process moving a bit more quickly.
Don't wait for the search engines to come to you. Go to them first.
To give your site maximum exposure on Google, you should submit it using Google Webmaster Tools
- Go to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Click "Add a site…"
- Enter your URL & click "Continue."
- Click "Verify this site…."
- Select "Upload an HTML file"
- Follow the steps to download the file, upload it to your server (read How to Access Your File Manager and How to Make and Install a Favicon to review), then check to make sure it's uploaded by clicking the provided link.
- Click "Verify."