Blogger Help to Make a sitemap for your blogger blog
There may be other ways for creating a sitemap for your blogger Blog.But here Ill tell you the simplest way by which you can create a site map for your blog.Just follow the instructions below and you will have your site map in minutes.
- Visit Google Webmaster Tools sitemaps page and sign up to a free account.Blogspot accounts are now integrated with google accounts.So use your google login for making a Google Webmasteraccount.
- Once you sign in to the webmaster,Go to Webmaster tools [Including sitemaps].In that page,You will find "Add site ".Enter the URL of your site and press Ok.
- Now after adding your blog, you need to get it verified.For that ,click on "Manage:URL of your site" on the webmaster tools page.In the new page that opens now,click on Manage Site Verification in the left side menu.
- On the verification page,you will find your verification Meta tag which will look something like this
- Now go to your blogger dashboard,click on template and paste this code in the section of the code.Now save the changes of your template.
- Now go to sitemaps tab on the top menu in Google webmasters central.
- In that click on Add a sitemap and then choose general web sitemap in the dropdown menu.Now it will ask you for the URL of your sitemap location.Your blogs Atom feed is your sitemap now.
- So paste the link of your atom feed now.If you have your blog feed,the your atom feed will behttp://Blog URL/atom.xml?orderby=updated .Now click ok and you are done.Now it will show your sitemap in the sitemaps page as atom.xml.After few hours,it will review your site map and will set your status to pending.After some hours you will find the status set to Ok.